YOGA IS A PRACTICE THAT UNITES SOUL, BODY, AND MIND!
Yoga is the culture of India. Since the day it got originated, Yoga has become the key to the door of happiness. Whether it be the issue of obesity or other such as heart diseases, kidney diseases, etc. There are so many diseases that can be cured by practicing Yoga, be it physical or mental. Yoga can be the solution to many problems if practiced in the right way and regularly. But to take the time out from the busy schedule to practice Yoga is a little hard. But in the hustle and bustle of lives nowadays, some standing poses in yoga can prove to be of great help.
If you also want to be physically and mentally fit without taking any supplements, practice some of the standing poses yoga. If you are wondering that how you will do it, then don’t worry.
Just keep reading and get to know some standing poses in yoga with the correct way to perform them, and notice the changes in your physical and mental health on your own!
VRIKSASANA (TREE POSE)
Vriksasna is one of the best standings poses in Yoga and is easy to perform. The asana has got its name from the Sanskrit word Vriksh that means a tree. As the name suggests, the person performing the asana has to pose like a steady trunk of a tree. Vriksasna or Tree Pose the asana does not require the eyes to be closed. It helps in the strengthening of leg muscles and the spine.
HOW TO PERFORM- To perform the tree pose or Vriksasna, follow the following steps-
- Stand erect with both arms at your sides.
- Now try to lift your left leg gently while folding the knee and place it on the right thigh as high as you can.
- Try to shift all your body weight on the right leg and stand straight and erect.
- Once you feel comfortable and can keep, the balance lifts your arms above your head in the Namaskar position.
- Now continue to stand in the pose and inhale and exhale for 30 to 60 seconds.
- Once you are done, try the same procedure with the other leg.
NATARAJASANA (DANCER POSE)
Also known as Lord Shiva’s pose due to one of the 108 names of Lord Shiva. The asana involves backward bending and as well as balancing. The asana is easy to perform and strengthens so many parts of the body, including shoulders, arms, and thighs. Also, the asana helps in enhancing concentration.
HOW TO PERFORM- To perform this standing yoga pose follow the given steps-
- Stand in a mountain pose with a relaxed and calm mind. Focus your gaze on some fixed pint.
- Now bend the right knee and raise the leg towards the buttocks in the same posture.
- Now hold the right toe with the right hand.
- When you raise your leg, make sure that you rotate the shoulder so that the elbow of the right hand faces upward.
- Now keep raising the leg until it reaches the head’s back.
- Now hold the pose for some time and breathe in and then breathe out completely.
- Once you are done with it, repeat it with the other leg.
TADASANA (MOUNTAIN POSE)
One of the best standing yoga poses is Tadasana or Mountain Pose. The word Tada comes from a Sanskrit word that means Palm Tree or Mountain. The practice of this asana resembles the mountain, and hence it is called so. The asana helps strengthen the lungs, increases height gives strength to the arms and legs and solves the problems of ingestion.
HOW TO PERFORM- To perform this standing yoga pose, do follow the given steps:
- Stand on the ground with feet a little distance apart.
- Now take a deep breath in and raise the arms.
- Once you raise the arms, make sure that they are above the head and interlock the fingers.
- Now simultaneously raise the toes above the ground.
- Try to hold the position as long as you can and then come back to normal.
- Repeat the whole set 10 to 20 times daily.
Also Read, 6 Yoga Poses to Maintain a Fit Lifestyle
VIBHADRASANA III (WARRIOR III)
Virabhadrasana III or Warrior III is also one of the best standing yoga poses. It helps in reducing belly fat and works on the digestive organs. The pose also helps in strengthening the legs muscles. Virabhadrasana III or Warrior III helps in the mental well-being of a person too.
HOW TO PERFORM– To perform this asana follow the steps given-
- To begin with, the asana stands straight with the feet a little distance apart.
- Now exhale and turn the right foot 90 degrees to the right and the left to 45 to 60 degrees right.
- Now try bending the right knee till the right thigh becomes parallel to the ground.
- Now exhale and bend your trunk so that the chest can rest over the thighs.
- Make sure that the hands keep straight. ‘
- Now try to shift all the weight of your body on the right leg while lifting up the left leg.
- Now your whole body will become parallel to the ground, except the right leg.
- Now hold the position for a couple of minutes and then repeat the same with the other leg.
All these standing poses can be challenging when you are a beginner, but as soon as you start to practice them regularly, you will soon become a pro of all of them.