Goa is the place that every youngster in India wishes to visit at least once in their life. From buzzing beaches to beautiful churches and old cathedrals, the lively vibe of Goa makes you feel alive. Also known as the party capital or the fun capital of India, Goa is everything that a party lover can wish for. Lit nightclubs, charming cafes, and trendy beachside restaurants add to the charm of Goa. Apart from its true Indian roots, one can also witness the impact that the Portuguese colonization had on Goa and it is evident in the colonial-era structures in the state. The mouth-watering seafood and traditional dishes of Goa will make you fall in love with Goa.
The 100-kilometer long coastline of Goa has over 35 beaches that offer a perfect holiday experience for both youngsters as well as middle-aged people. Whether you love to dance, party, serene beaches, or a calm holiday, Goa has something to offer to everyone. Full of beaches and clubs, the party scene in Goa is dope. While there is a big list of places that you can explore while in Goa, we’ve tried to bring you the 6 best places that you should visit here.
1. Baga Beach: This white sand beach in Goa is a prime tourist attraction that welcomes lakhs of tourists every year. Guarded by beautiful palm trees on its edges, the majestic beach is one of the best places in Goa to enjoy parasailing, banana boat rides, and sun-basking. The beach has comfy cafes near it where you can enjoy delicious food and snacks. This place is also famous for artificial tattoos and braids. It shares its coastline with Candolim and Sinquerim. The beach is famous for its late-night music celebrations and thus, it is also called “The Hometown of Nightlife”.
2. Calangute Beach: Calangute Beach is known as the Queen of the beaches has the European influence that is visible in its party culture and cafes. Heaven for hippies, the Calangute beach is the go-to destination for adventure lovers. You can enjoy activities like parasailing, water-skiing, windsurfing, and dolphin trips. Whether you are traveling alone, with friends, or with a partner, Calangute beach is a must-visit destination. The beach looks equally beautiful both in the day as well as at the night.
3. Anjuna Beach: Anjuna is a world-renowned beach that is known for its full-moon parties, trance parties, and hippies who add to the diversity of the beach. The scenes at Anjuna are worth gazing at on Wednesdays when party animals come out to break a leg amid hypnotic music. Apart from partying and eating, it is a perfect destination for sight-seeing. The picturesque background with hills makes it a perfect destination for clicking colorful pictures. Anjuna adds a variety to Goa’s party culture.
4. Dudhsagar Falls: One of the most photographed spots in India, the Dudhsagar falls is a must-visit destination that falls on the Goa-Karnataka border. Located on the Mandovi river, the 1017 feet high waterfall is a four-tiered waterfall structure. The waves of water coming from such a height amid the lush green mountains make it look like a flow of milk – thus the name ‘Dudhsagar’. Going to the trek includes an adventurous trek and a jeep trail that makes it once in a lifetime opportunity.
5. Fort Aguada: It was not very long ago when the Portuguese left Goa and Fort Aguada tells the tale of their presence that led to a huge influence of the Portuguese culture and Christianity in Goa. Constructed in 1612, this beautiful historic structure faces the Arabian sea. With a capacity to hold 79 cannons, the fort tells the story of the ancient engineering potential. The glorious fort divides the Candolim beach and the Sinquerim beach. The fort also has India’s oldest lighthouse that was built in 1864. It is a perfect spot to spend your afternoons and test your photography skills.
6. Grand Island: A laidback tourist destination, the Grand Island is really ‘Grand’. Often missed by many travelers, this offbeat place is a heaven for adventure lovers. The astonishing scuba-diving sites here make it one of the must-visit places for adventure sports lovers. You can also enjoy snorkeling among other water-based sports here. When you have had enough of beaches, and night parties, Grand Island is the best place to head for a relaxing holiday. This Island is very famous among foreign tourists that mainly include tourists from Russia.