Multivitamins are one of the most important and popular supplements and they are used across the globe. With the passing of years and daily schedules of individuals becoming busier, multivitamins are gaining popularity at a very rapid pace. There are several benefits of taking multivitamins including diet fulfilment, immunity against chronic disease and improved health. There are a vast range of multivitamins available in the market with various advantages. As the name suggests, multivitamins are capsules or gums containing several vitamins or minerals. They boost body growth and improve overall physical development. Multivitamins not only cure vitamin deficiency but also help in fighting against several illnesses.
Multivitamins contain several vitamins, high levels of essential nutrients, amino acids and fatty acids. Our body requires at least 13 vitamins and over 16 minerals for its growth. These nutrients are essential for several tasks that our body does. Different multivitamins have different levels of nutrients.
Benefits of Multivitamins
- Better Heart Health: Multivitamins are helpful in reducing the risks of cardiovascular disease, which remains to be a leading reason behind deaths of healthy individuals. Multivitamins contain vitamins like B1, B2, B6, K1, Niacin(B3), CoQ10 and magnesium. These vitamins and nutrients play a key role in preventing deadly heart diseases.
- Boost Immunity: An individual needs to have a strong immune system to fight harmful diseases. Vitamin C has rich antioxidant properties while Vitamin D and E also boost immunity. Multivitamins have all these vitamins that are helpful in strengthening the immunity system.
- Better eyesight: In today’s busy world, it is a difficult task to include all the essential nutrients in our diets. While vitamins and other nutrients are helpful in improving the eyesight and preventing it from harmful rays. Multivitamins contain Vitamin A, C, E and other essential components like Lutein and Zeaxanthin that support better eyesight.
- Healthy Hair and Skin: There’s no short sure way to put food items on the plate that boost hair growth and improve the health of the skin. Multivitamins not only provide us with glowing and healthy skin but also boost hair growth. From a healthy scalp to healthy skin, there are several benefits of consuming multivitamins.
- Anti-aging Properties: As we grow old, our skin starts losing its shine and hairs start falling. There are several visible impacts of aging. Our nutritional requirements continue to increase with the increase in our ages and multivitamins help up in aging healthy. They also keep deficiencies at bay.
How daily intake of Multivitamins helps?
- Fighting Anxiety and Stress: Anxiety and Stress are common issues that can be faced by even healthy individuals. Multivitamins not only help us in fighting stress and anxiety but also keep our minds fresh. This also helps in getting clarity of mind and improved thinking skills.
- Increased Energy Levels: Our body needs high amounts of energy to perform several tasks and our body converts nutrients we take into energy for those tasks. Multivitamins not only boost the energy levels in our body but also help us in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
- Better Muscle Strength: Multivitamins are really popular among bodybuilders and athletes. It is because they promote building on new muscle tissues after the older ones break as a result of the workout. Multivitamins help us in improving strength and boosting energy levels.
- Better Mood: Multivitamins are also excellent mood enhancers. Several researchers have proved that multivitamins are not only beneficial for our physical health but also improve our emotional health. Sufficient amounts of vitamins and minerals help our brains in functioning better.
How to select a perfect MultiVitamin?
Now, there are a lot of multivitamins available in the market with different names. The question that arises is, which one should you choose. The answer is simple. Try to find a multivitamin that in natural, easy to absorb, made without fillers, artificial colours and are purity tested. If you are an adult man, your multivitamin should have less iron while a multivitamin for seniors should have extra Vitamin D. Multivitamins rarely contain calcium or magnesium and hence, you may include those. However, while selecting a multivitamin for women, you might include calcium.
Do Multivitamins have side effects?
Stop reading fake reports and stop listening to unqualified experts. Multivitamins do not cause serious side effects. However, they may have some common side effects in some cases. The common side effects include constipation, vomiting, diarrhoea, nausea, stomach pain or dark-coloured stools. These side effects are rare and might disappear after your body adjusts to the medicines. However, you may consult a physician if the side effects stay even after a certain period.