Makers invest a lot of time and skills in developing every single piece of a supercar. Tons of horsepower in the engine and world-class braking system help you talk to the winds when you hit the roads with your ‘monster’. While even the cheapest of the supercars will surpass the price of an ordinary car by a distance, they keep on getting better with the rising prices. We are going to discuss the top 5 most expensive supercars in the world.
5. Koenigsegg CCXR Trevita: A car is made to transport, A supercar is made to fly. It’s not just about fastening your seatbelts and traveling from one place to another. Supercars are a blend of class, power, style, elegance, and luxury. It takes months of creativity, skill, and detailed designing to manufacturing a supercar, and what comes as output is nothing less than magic. Supercars are not for everyone. These are mean machines that leave you devoid of a huge chunk of money. These cars are very fast, swift, easy to handle, and stylish. The interesting thing about supercars is innovation-driven manufacturing techniques. : The makers of Trevita used a unique coating to alter the black color into white that it got due to the carbon fiber. Only 3 units of the car were produced initially and that’s how it got the name Trevita. Trevita translates into ‘three whites’. The mini-monster is powered by a 4.8 Litres V8 engine that generates 1018 bhp giving the car a top speed of 254 mph. This makes it one of the fastest cars in the world. It is also one of the most expensive cars in the world with a price of $4.8 million.
4. Ferrari Sergio Pininfarina: The four-wheeled wonder was a tribute by Ferrari to Italian automobile designer and long-standing chairman of the company Sergio Pininfarina. The luxury convertible is based on Ferrari 458 speciale. The 4.5 L V8 engineer generates 590 horsepower that gives the car a top speed of 199 mph. There are only six units of this rare car. The desirable beautiful machine comes for a price of $5.1 million.
3. Maybach Exelero: The car was originally commissioned by Fulda to test the performance of the Carat Exelero premium tire-range. The 232-inch long luxury car held the record of the most expensive car in the world for a long time after it was purchased for a whopping $8 million by famous rapper Birdman. This super-advanced beast is packed with a twin-turbocharged 5.9 L V12 engine that generates 691 horsepower and gives it a top speed of 218 miles per hour. The car is currently owned by Mechatronik.
2. Rolls Royce Sweptail: Super Expensive and Rolls Royce have been synonyms for ages and this one is no different. After nearly 4 years of continuous efforts, Rolls Royce announced the arrival of Sweptail in 2017. The one-off luxury masterpiece is built on the lines of the early 20th century models. Many of the design features in this car have been borrowed from the Phantom. The car was built as an intersection between a luxury car and a yacht upon the request of an anonymous fan in 2013. The unique features of the car include its windshield that goes till the tail, a transparent glass roof, high-quality wood and leather interiors, and world-class seating facilities. This supercar came for a huge price of $12.8 million.
1. Bugatti La Voiture Noire: A wish for some a distant dream for many, La Voiture Noire is the most expensive car on the earth right now. Also known as “The Black Car”, the man-made wonder has been named in the honor of a black Type 57 SC Atlantic, one of only four ever built, that had been missing since the Second World War. The mystery and the conspiracies surrounding the disappearance led to the creation of this masterpiece. The car has immense historical significance and its design is on the lines of Bugatti’s 20th-century creations. Only one Bugatti La Voiture Noire is going to be produced by the company. The car has a quad-turbo W16 8.0 Litre engine that churns out 1500 horsepower. It is priced at $19 million.