The Republic of Peru is a South American country that is located in the Western part of the continent. Sharing its borders with Ecuador and Colombia, Peru is a historically rich and geographically diverse country that is home to a part of the Amazon rainforest, the marvelous Machu Picchu, and several other beautiful places. The famous Inca trail and several archaeological sites are key tourist attractions in the country. From dense forests to waterfalls, Peru has a range of natural sites that are enough to keep you engaged throughout your stay in the South American country.
You can see a blend of various age-old cultures that make the country culturally rich and diverse. From backpackers to couples, Peru has a place for everyone. The landscapes in Peru that include, mountains, plains, and deserts will keep you intrigued. Despite the northern part of the country touching the equator, the climate in the tropical country is diverse. From adventure junkies to luxury travelers, Peru has something to offer to everyone. Although there is an abundance of beautiful spots and travel-worthy destinations in the country, we are covering the best 7 spots in this blog.
7. Huacachina: Amid the beautiful mountains and plains, lies the little settlement of Huacachina, which is established over the rolling sand dunes just outside the city of Ica in the southwest of the country. Surrounded by dunes, Huacachina is located around a secluded oasis and a series of palm trees standing tall. You can enjoy several activities including sandboarding, quad biking, and dune buggy rides while enjoying your wonderful stay in Huacachina. The view of the oasis surrounded by the tiny settlement looks spectacular at night particularly.
6. Trujillo: You can reach this beautiful city after an eight hours drive from the capital of the country, Lima. Established around the 1500s, Trujillo was once a pre-Incan empire and is famous for its colonial structures that include the beautiful colonial center, a place that can enrich your social media feed due to its photogenic beauty. Situated near the Pacific coast, the city is also known for its wonderful resort beaches that are perfect for a relaxing holiday.
5. Lima: Lima is the largest city in Peru and is also the capital of the country. Most of the travelers land here from various parts of the world. Lima has a population of over 9 million and was founded in 1535 by the Spanish conquistador Francisco Pizarro. The city is known for its rich history and colonial structures. From modern buildings to historic structures, Lima is a blend of an old and new culture that co-exists beautifully. The lively clubs and bars in Lima account for very happening nightlife in the capital of Peru. Lima is a heaven for seafood lovers and you should enjoy the local dishes of Peru while in Lima.
4. Mancora: Mancora is a beautiful resort town that earns its beauty from a picturesque sandy beach and several cafes and restaurants. Located in the Piura region, Mancora is the best place to head to after you are done with covering the major cities including Lima. This is an ideal holiday destination for couples and youngsters, thanks to its resorts and lively clubs. Kep places of attraction in Mancora include La Poza de Barro and the famous Mancora beach.
3. Ollantaytambo Ruins: If you are a history buff, you must head to Ollantaytambo ruins after visiting the capital city of Lima. This place is a living witness of the historic Incan battle. This place is the symbol of the victory of the Incan against the Spanish invaders. Located in the Sacred Valley near Patacancha river, Ollantaytambo ruins were used as a base by Incan during the battle against the Spanish invaders. The rock structure demands to be photographed and find a place in your social media feed.
2. Cusco: The colorful Cusco city that was once the empire of the Incas empire is located in the Southern Sierras. It is also known as the archaeological capital of the Americas. This place has historic as well as geographic significance. The picturesque city is among the most visited places in the country. The most famous spot in the city is the main square, the Plaza de Armas. The main square is surrounded by restaurants and cafes to keep the food lovers engaged. The iconic churches and historic structures add to the beauty of Cusco, which is also a picture-perfect place for shopping lovers. You can purchase the famous Peruvian dolls, handicrafts, and traditional textiles from here.
1. Machu Picchu: You will see the picture of Machu Picchu on several websites when you search for Machu Picchu. The postcard tourist destination is not only the most beautiful place in Peru but also qualifies for a position in the top 5 most beautiful destinations in South America. Situated at a height of 2,430 meters in the mighty Andes, the ancient Incan city is an adventure lover’s dream. Among the best ways to explore Machu Picchu is trekking. Several houses, cafes, temples, and bats sit comfortably on this destination. You can also reach here by train. Don’t forget to enjoy a mesmerizing view of the iconic Sun Gate.