Height is a matter of concern for many people while growing up. It is a well-known fact that your height has a lot to do with your genetics and the kind of food you eat. There is a certain age till which you can grow taller. Most of the growth is complete in the teenage years itself but 21-22 years is the age where your height stops to grow. Hence, taking enough nutrients during your teenage days is a must for having a good height. For better growth, your bones must be strong and your joints must be strong as well.
During the teenage days, we are more attracted to fast food and hardly focus on our protein intake. Protein is the most important nutrient for proper growth of the body as it boosts the immune system and accelerates the tissue repair system. Similarly, nutrients like Calcium, Vitamin D, magnesium and phosphorus play a vital role in boosting the growth in an individual. While you can not make significant changes to your height naturally if your parents are average-height, a few inches can always be added with proper diet and exercise. I’m going to tell you about 7 foods that can really help you in getting taller.
1. Almonds: Almonds are one of the most important foods if you want to have the proper growth of your body. Filled with a lot of protein, vitamins and minerals, Almonds are simply the king of nuts. You can consume a handful of almonds at any time of the day and the results will be visible in a couple of months. Almonds are a rich source of Vitamin E, fibre, Manganese and magnesium. They make your bones strong and accelerate growth.
2. Spinach: You must include leafy vegetables in your diet and Spinach is one of the most nutrient-rich leafy vegetables. It contains rich amounts of Iron, Vitamin C, calcium, magnesium and potassium. All these nutrients not only boost the immunity power but also boost the growth of the body. It is also a rich source of Vitamin K that plays a key role in increasing bone density. It also prevents the decline in bone mass in women and girls.
3. Yogurt: Yogurt is another key food item that promotes growth. It is a protein-rich food item that also contains probiotics. Probiotics are known for boosting growth in children. Yogurt also possesses anti-inflammatory properties and helps in boosting the immune system. It is an excellent source of nutrients necessary for proper growth of the body. Calcium, magnesium and phosphorus are present in sufficient amounts in curd.
4. Sweet Potato: Sweet Potatoes are the underdog of nutrients but their importance can not be ignored. Sweet Potatoes are one of the healthiest foods with rich amounts of Vitamin A, soluble fibre and insoluble fibre present in them. They are extremely good for your digestive health and help the nutrients reach your body for proper growth. They are rich in vitamin C, manganese, vitamin B6, and potassium and all of these nutrients help in enhancing bone health.
5. Berries: You can not leave out fruits from your diet if you want to get a good growth with the help of a nutrient-rich diet. Berries like blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, and raspberries are rich in Vitamin C and also have rich amounts of minerals, fibre, Vitamin K and manganese. Since berries are rich in Vitamin C, they increase the synthesis of collagen, which is the most abundant protein in your body. Berries promote cell growth and increase collagen production.
6. Milk: Never underestimate the importance of Milk in your diet. It has been an integral part of a healthy diet since ages. It is a key component of a balanced diet and one of the easiest ways to consume the essential nutrients. Milk is extremely useful and helpful as far as bone health is concerned. It contains sufficient amounts of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. Not only milk helps in increasing the height, it also helps in gaining weight and building muscle mass. It is a protein-rich food item that is very useful for the overall growth of the body.
7. Beans: Beans are a very rich source of protein and that is why fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders rate it very highly. Protein plays a key role in boosting the insulin-like growth factor levels and Beans have protein stored inside them in abundance. They also have rich amounts of Vitamin B and Iron. It prevents anaemia and ensures proper growth of the body. Iron is very helpful in tissue growth and this helps in the proper body growth. Beans are also a rich source of copper, magnesium, zinc, manganese and fibre.